Online Purchase Scam
Business Name Used
October 17, 2023
Total Dollars Lost
just sent this email
We have received a complaint about your profile. Before posting negative reviews, we want to confirm the legitimacy of your business and, if possible, avoid such publications.
In order to verify your account, you need to provide the document which shows your company name with the address linking to the business.
To continue with the review process of your account, please reply with a scan, image, or electronic copy of one of the following items that include the company name and business address:
If you are a Business Owner, please provide ONE of the following:
• Utility bill (for example, an invoice for internet, electricity, water)
• Business license/Articles of Incorporation (or other government-issued certificate)
• Tax documentation
• Operating license
• Insurance document (for example, Company Liability Insurance)
• Industry-specific licenses (for example, a Health Inspection or Real Estate Broker Licence)
• Lease/Franchisee documents on company letterhead
If you are a Recruiter or employed by a staffing agency, please provide ONE of the following:
• A utility bill addressed to your company location
• The offer letter from the staffing agency showing that you are employed by that agency
• Any document that shows that you are receiving a salary/pay as a recruiter employed by the agency
Note that the above documents cannot be publicly available, handwritten, editable versions, or listing a virtual office as the address. You may be asked to provide a different document if the documents do not link to a business presence or do not meet the requirements listed above.
Your privacy is of our utmost priority, so in order to support you through the account verification process, we require that you send all of your documentation and information required to review your BBB page be attached to this email that is requesting the documentation. This will help us review your account appropriately and in a timely manner.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and also appreciate your patience with our process.
Looking forward to your response.
Have a great day.
Client Optimization Specialist
on behalf of BBB
BBB – find businesses and charities you can trust.